Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Dion's rumoured frolic in the Orchard

I respect Stéphane Dion quite a lot. Of the candidates running for the leadership, I am most supportive of Dion, Ignatieff, Brison, and Hall Findlay (not necessarily in that order)--and occasionally, when I'm in a certain mood, Rae. I root for Dion, I respect Dion, and I would happily vote for a Liberal Party led by Dion.

But what about this David Orchard fellow? I'm not a fan. Endorsements are not always good. Buzz Hargrove would not be a good endorsement. Paul Martin would not be a good endorsement. David Orchard, in my mind, would not be a good endorsement.

He hurts Dion's credibility as a true Liberal. He hurts Dion's credibility as a neutral internationalist. And he gives Dion very little help.

Would Orchard held Dion somewhat on the ground? Maybe. But would he also alienate others that are turned off by Orchard? Probably.

If I were Dion, I would avoid that press conference and disavow it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home